Thursday, July 3, 2008

Interlochen Center for the Arts

I worked at Interlochen, MI for 3 summers during college.
A lot of my most important work came out of my time and experiences there.

sink or swim #2
"Sink or Swim"

self portrait (at age 19)
"Beauty Study - self portrait 2000"

"beauty study"
"Beauty Study - self portrait 2000"

portrait of an artist
I also met Monica Johnson(SF, now Brooklyn) in MI during my second summer there, whom I have collaborated with.

eliza sleeps like a cat
Seen here is Eliza "pony" Ferdinand. She was one of the weirdest artists I have ever met. She was magnetic. Her work reminds me of what the character of Tom Sawyer would create. People flocked to her and began speaking like her. Originally from Michigan she settled in Portland for a while, and now lives and works in Brooklyn.

Tim and Daniel sleeping
I met Tim and Daniel my second summer at Interlochen. They were musician/indie/hippie/punk kids. Barry used to call them the "greasers". I started listening to Bright Eyes and the Faint after I met them.

No comments: